back to article Zuckerberg labels Ceglia lawsuit a 'brazen, outrageous fraud'

Mark Zuckerberg has asked a federal court in New York to throw out a lawsuit filed against him, because – according to the Facebook boss – the case is a "brazen and outrageous fraud on the court". The uber social network boydroid filed a document calling on the US District Court in Buffalo, NY, to dismiss the case after …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Holmes

Invertebrate scam artist

Am I the only one who read it that way?

<--- Oooh, new pictures!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pot; kettle; black...

A bit rich comming from someone who's managed to "con" the world into believing FarceBook is worth billions...

1. bean520
      Big Brother

Uhh...

Not worth billions? The ownership of Facebook is a dream only Rupert Murdoch can match. If you had admin access to Facebook, you could get accurate statistics on usage of your product, or yo,u r competitors no major investment needed. If you were a media outlet you could push your adverts to all of it's users. Everyone is using Facebook to advertise with because it is such a powerful marketing tool. Facebook is worth billions for it's media power alone

Big brother - Because of the privacy implications of Facebook's media power

1. Naughtyhorse

could get accurate statistics on usage of your product - really???

cos 99% of whats on my profile is utter bollocks. i have no affiliations with any products whatsoever on there, and have never clicked on a clickthrough in my life - not even by mistake.

if i want to buy something i get screwed by google/bing/yahoo/altavista (lol), like everyone else :-)

this notional value for FB is _EXACTLY_ the same as the notional value of yahoo, which was very seriously calculated and considered by all manner of smart investor types. turns out that was all bollocks, and time will show that so is this.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

I hate Zuckerberg...

I haven't read the article, I just hate him...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

top stuff

I have read the article, but I hate him too.

Here's hoping yer man gets half the company.

Cannot believe I even said that but I hate facebook with a passion.

4. ratfox
    Windows

Interesting

This may be the most high-profile case of doctored contract ever. I wonder what will come out of it. What would happen if we realized that this system of apposing a signature to the bottom of a contract is laughably insecure? (insert long ramble about credential theft, etc.)

Windows user icon, I want to see what it looks like.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

only at the bottom of the last page?

The only contracts I've had to sign required every page to be initialed, including the final page containing my signature.

1. ratfox

All of them?

That means my work contract is invalid then. Damn.

5. Lamont Cranston

I'm struggling

to imagine why anyone would appeal against a ruling that granted them $20m in cash, but then this isn't a story I've followed very closely.

If they really don't want it, I'll happily take it off their hands.

6. Jeff 11
    WTF?

If he's a fraud...

...countersue him for a fraudulent lawsuit. He'll surely get thrown in prison for knowingly deceiving the court.

Facebook's unwillingness to do this is perplexing.

1. copsewood

civil versus criminal standards of proof

Civil suits are won on the balance of probabilities. Criminal cases are won or lost based upon proof beyond reasonable doubt. If FB can win on civil grounds that doesn't mean the public prosecutor will accept there is enough evidence for a criminal case.

2. Tim

Hardly

From a PR perspective it's not that perplexing. "Billionaire sues penniless wood salesman, seeks imprisonment" is not something Facebook would want to be associated with.

1. Steven Roper

Re: Hardly

As Gene Simmons is now finding out to his cost!

7. Eddy Ito
    Childcatcher

Always fun sport

It pleases me to read Zuckerberg's rants. He just has that certain jenny says kwa that flows forth and fills the ear in a mellifluous manner not unlike a foghorn. Personally I can't wait for him to cash out and say; Facebook is a brazen and outrageous fraud, bitch!

8. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

Greed AND stupidity

Facebook writ large.

9. The First Dave
    WTF?

Fraudster

So has anyone got any serious evidance to suggest that this bloke _is_ a fraudster? One firm going broke is hardly enough to prove anything, and I don't believe a word that Zuckerberg says.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like