back to article Aussie iPad mag developer wins new investors

The iPhone/iPad/Android revolution may or may not be the saviour of big publishers, but it's given an Australian-based publishing platform developer a handy leg-up. Mogeneration, launched in 2008 as an iPhone app developer that switched its focus to digital publishing after winning the contract to create the iPhone version of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jolyon Smith
    Grenade

And I predict...

... that I will be enjoying nightly 3 in a bed sessions with Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz within the next 5 years.

Seriously I wish the "news" media would stop reporting baseless speculation as if it were fact, at least not without doing some rudimentary analysis and objective commentary.

US Circulation of ABC Magazines by subscription (so not ALL magazines, just those in the ABC family, and only those paid for by subscription as opposed to one-offs in newsagents etc) in 2010 (subscription only):

292m

WORLDWIDE sales of tablets, 2010:

15m

So if everyone with a tablet stops buying print magazines and takes them digitally, assuming that all those tablet owners are also magazine buyers, which in itself could be argued as unlikely, and did so as of RIGHT NOW, that would account for 5% of just those ABC magazines.

I am pretty sure that a properly researched commentary on the market (I'll be the first to admit that my 30 second google study hardly forms such a commentary) would find that predicting a circulation share of 25-30% is sheer fantasy on his part, but of course who can blame him... he needs to pull the wool over the eyes of enough people for his *next* round of funding. And why not? But I'm not so sure the Reg should be helping yank on the wool.

This topic is closed for new posts.