back to article Russian pres fumes at mystery DDoS hack

Russian president Dmitry Medvedev has denounced online vandals who launched an attack against the site that hosts his blog. The denial of service assault on the LiveJournal site on Wednesday was both "outrageous and illegal" the Russian politician fumed after the assault, the BBC reports. "What has occurred should be examined …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

"Vladamir"

Still not au fait with the names of the heads of state in Russia, are we John?

2. Disco-Legend-Zeke
    Pint

Nothing Like A Bit...

...of direct exposure to enlighten politicos to the importance of cyber attacks.

A good politician is a communicator, and a DOS attack dampens the flow of creative juices just as annoyingly as broken pencil.

POTUS seems to have a staff to take care of that social networking type stuff. He was my second follower when i joined TWITTER.

I am constantly bothered by a skript kiddie that paid $25 for a "Booter," and tortures users of a YAHOO chat room by freezing all yahoo windows.

Being Cyber-Bullied is not fun, when it's being done by political enemies it must be worse.

*Cheers to Dimitry for his apparent restraint. Previous administrations would have been a bit harsher on the perps.

3. frobnicate
    Thumb Down

Isn't it a bit odd that,

> as president of a country, Medvedev is writing that the police ought to investigate the

> attack rather than phoning them up and insisting they look into it.

Right, a bit of friendly support from Albion is exactly what notorious Russian "telephone law" (http://www.law.wisc.edu/m/nmytc/telephone_law_and_rol.pdf) needs.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

'I couldn't update my blog', Medvedev seethes

'I couldn't update my blog', Medvedev seethes

So he really said that?

6. Throatwobbler Mangrove

goddamn titles

"This...evokes an unflattering image of him...while prime minister Vladamir [sic] "Dobby" Putin continues to run the country. Isn't it a bit odd that, as president of a country, Medvedev is writing that the police ought to investigate the attack rather than phoning them up and insisting they look into it."

No, it's not odd at all. The message is not an abstract "I'm outraged that the prosecutor's office isn't doing enough about this and I wish they would" whine to the world at large. The message is to the prosecutor is a clear one that "this is a DDoS that should be investigated, as opposed to the DDoSs that shouldn't be investigated": http://www.eurasiareview.com/russia-blogosphere-under-attack-analysis-09042011/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like