back to article Anon hackers join Egyptian protests

Hackers affiliated with Anonymous have begun bombarding Egyptian government websites with junk traffic as part of a protest against net censorship that has accompanied recent civil unrest in the Arab country. The DDoS attacks follow recent similarly motivated attacks against state websites in Tunisia and Zimbabwe. The latest …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bryan 1
    Happy

Just an idle thought

I wonder what security vulnerabilities Low Orbit Ion Cannon opens up on your system.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

To the sauce?

Have a look at the source code if you're interested ...

1. JimC
        Thumb Down

@have a look at the source code

[sigh] If it were as easy as that to spot vulnerabilities then none would ever be shipped. You might mean look at the source code for *back doors* but even then I suspect that really good backdoors are too well hidden to be spotted by casual inspection of the code.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Attention citizens!

"DDoS attacks might themselves be seen as a denial of free speech, if you're inclined to complicate matters."

Yes, the dictator must be heard, too! He says, "Shut up, citizen!"

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

i dont count that as "hacking"

"leaving the site a little slow to load but still accessible "

HA! losers , why bother . hooligans

AC - for good reason!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

meh

surely the egyptian gov sites are still accessible from inside the country? do something really impressive, root their servers and let people proxy through them. sure they'd get shut down fast but it would be funny as hell.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like