back to article HP WebOS tablets won't ship until September?

No sooner had images of HP's upcoming WebOS-based tablet appeared on line, the computer giant immediately popped up to say it'll have something better to show at its "exciting WebOS announcement" next month. Just don't expect them any time soon: September 2011 appears to be the launch date. When a site like Engadget is sent ( …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Back to school?

Hardly - a large number of schools go back in August.

Not surprised - HP manage to fail at everything.

2. Robert E A Harvey
    FAIL

Oh, for Glod's sake

What on earth is the matter with these people?

I loved my Palm V, So was so impressed by webOS when I saw the phones. I really want one of these tablets.

But no matter how good the engineering, the money-men running companies do their best to kick me in the head. Phones on exclusive contract deals, and now a year late with the tablet.

This product line will fail, and it will have nothing to do with how good the product is.

3. Alexander Valentine
    FAIL

Errr not quite right there

The Opel tablet is due for September, Topaz is due for March.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/19/hps-first-webos-tablet-may-start-shipping-in-march-fulfill-lon/

If Engadget is to be believed

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It doesn't seem to have a rearward facing camera..

there, I've got it in early.

5. Nathan 6
    FAIL

DOA, Not going to get strong developer support!

No matter the technical merits of this product, it's DOA because developers are simple not going to invest in this platform when there is Andriod, iPad, and Windows to code to.

This will suffer the same fate as blackberry tablet device, unless of couse they do the smart thing and also ship a Java SDK for it.

1. James Cooke

Java SDK

"This will suffer the same fate as blackberry tablet device, unless of couse they do the smart thing and also ship a Java SDK for it."

They are although they currently only have the Air SDK out which is cross platform to Android but tbh I think most Android developers would prefer to stick with Java. I wouldn't rule out Blackberry yet though there are an awful lot of business people who only think Apple and Blackberry are the only device manufacturers out there.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Sigh...

Dear HP.

See that dirty great boat called 'SS Tablet'?

You know the one that has left on its World Cruise.

Oh Silly me. The gangplank has been raised and you are not aboard.

It won't be back until October.

There you will be with all those unsoled tables sitting on the dock.

Alongside those from you pal Microsoft (if they have any that is)

Sorry,

Mega Fail.

7. Gil Grissum

EPIC FAIL

By the time the HPalm Tablet arrives, millions will have already bought iPad2, Android Tabs, and Blackbook. And yes, developers won't be jumping ship to code for WebOS although a few might get interested enough to cross platform some apps, but exclusivity on WebOS? Forget it.

8. ratfox
    FAIL

I don't know what to say

I feel sorry when large companies do moves that seem so full of fail. I suppose they are doing their best, but it does seem so woefully inadequate...

Better than nothing I suppose. If a company has for policy to only buy HP, they will eventually buy those. But they have acted way too late to be significant players in any way.

9. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Hmmm

Average customer: "WebOS...is that Iphone or Android?"

10. Jean-Paul

Such a shame

Despite being an iPad owner, I've been looking forward to this most. WebOS2 has got fantastic potential but HP seems to be killing it. They need to get it out there. You can't buy the phones in the UK, the tablets now delayed for another 8 months. They may as well not bother.

RIM and Apple will have the professional markets cornered very soon. Sure lots of Android devices but no professional software for them at all, they are just toys with (some) nice over specced hardware. But they will grab the 'cheap' me too consumers no doubt.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like