back to article Samsung Galaxy Player 50 Android PMP

As a connected multi-function media player, Apple's iPod Touch has never had much in the way of competition. But that is changing. Archos has already launched an interesting looking range of Android mini tablets-cum-media players, including the impressive Archos 43, and now Samsung has today released the Galaxy Player 50. It's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Missed

The ability to use Winamp on this device is tantalizing. Winamp has a lot of the things the reviewer found irritating, as well as sync over wifi, radio, etc.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

The current Google Maps Caches

The current Google Maps Caches when on wifi, you can control the amount it takes, but it can cache a journey before you depart.

3. mego

The usual Android Henu

Ahh the elusive Henu, bane of the Android Lexicon I presume?

4. Al Taylor
    Alert

WinAmp

The problem with using WinAmp is that you loose access to Samsung's built-in sound modification tech. At the end of the day I will mark down any media player that doesn't allow for simple MTP playlist synch via WMP even if there is a workaround. Using another media app should be a choice not a forced compromise.

Re. Google Maps, the new version didn't arrive until after I had filed this review. Of course you could always buy CoPilot Live from the Market, worth every penny of its £22.98 asking price.

5. Piloti
    WTF?

What happened to.....

....decent capacity music players ?

I have a Creative Zen Vision M 60gb music player.

What happened to the 'do one thing, do it well' devices, rather than trying to get one thing to be average at lots ?

I am in intrigued by Cowons big 160gig player, but that is about all there is on the market right now.

If this Samsung f is the future, then we will end up paying for a lot of 'stuff' that is really just not needed.....

P.

1. D@v3

Good question.

I have an 80gb iPod classic, which is starting to play silly buggers with me, but the only viable replacement i have found so far, is the current 120gb classic (which is a lot more than i need), for nearly £200.

6. Gary F

Or buy a £99 Android device WITH 3G

Don't forget you can buy the Orange San Francisco Android phone for just £99 on PAYG. Why would anyone pay £50 more for a something that's so close to being a smartphone but isn't? I know it can take 4GB microSD cards for sure. I haven't tried it with anything bigger.

1. Anomalous Cowturd
      FAIL

Orange San Francisco is £89.99 in Argos.

My mp3 player died last week, so guess what I'm treating myself to? Pick-up tomorrow.

The icon is for Samsung's pricing department.

7. SuccessCase
    Alert

65% ?

Wow! you utterly convinced me with a whole series of well reasoned arguments that it's a bad buy, but then award it 65% ? From the write-up given surely it's in 35%-45% territory.

8. Dude, I am still alive!
    Happy

wanna try it!

well, nice player! One of the first I would say, there will be better, more efficient and slim, more faster and more beautiful)) Personally I think that this device might beat iPod touch on several fronts. As to be more precise it has micro-SD slot for extending inner memory, you don’t need to use iTunes to download any music contents on your pmp, and very simple and convenient usage of Android Market which definitely will lover consumers to buying it, as well as GPS modile and FM-radio. Though defeating Apple stuff seems very difficult))

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like