back to article Toshiba tries again with second gen tablet

After Toshiba's shaky entry into the tablet market - exclusive UK retailer Dixons dropped it after a week thanks to software problems - the Japanese giant is having another go, this time upping the spec and waiting for Android 3. The unnamed tablet, announced this week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), sports a 10.1in, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

6 month wait?

In that case I'm very glad to have been able to buy a folio100 (and with the latest mod updates, it's pretty smooth most of the time)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Yes!

HD video in a 10" format that won't have more black bar than video. At last!

Everything else on the spec sheet should really be considered the standard now IMO. Everything but the battery life, I notice...will it rival ipad? If so, sign me up.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

3G?

any chance there will be a 3G version?

Actually scrap that... just tether it to the mobile over blue tooth - this removes the need for a second mobile plan

4. moylan
    Alien

hope they fix the biggest problem.

my nephew got a first gen device and it didn't play flash. i'm still waiting for an email from their update service to let me know when the player is released. even though it has been released, we only got a copy of it when my brother went to return the device. they're hanging onto it now that it does flash which is one of the main things that the kid wanted.

but the biggest problem was the toshiba version of the market place. it's tiny. it needs the google market place. the lack of apps is not forgiveable. they cannot expect app developers to target multiple stores. it will always be a sub set of the google market place.

you can seemingly install generic android on it and gain access to the google market place but that is a little much for the average user.

5. Rattus Rattus
    Thumb Up

This looks really nice

Is this finally the tablet I've been waiting for? Now I just have to hope they don't price it out of my range, and certainly nowhere near the ridiculous price Samsung wanted for their Galaxy Tab.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like