back to article Yahoo! preps build-your-own-dynamic-website service

Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz has indicated that her company is developing a service that will allow third-party websites to dynamically optimize their content using Yahoo!'s recently-revamped back-end infrastructure. "[Optimizing and personalizing web content] doesn't scale with most companies," Bartz said during an appearance at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Yahoo! Movies Rec / Customer support sucks

You can't delete/clear any movies you have rated by mistake.

The customer support are NOT engineers able to handle the stuff, nor do they know what they are talking about...other than "canned" emails.

This was 4 years ago.

A recent visit to Yahoo! Movies ("my movies" section is same)....so much for Yahoo! "re-inventing" itself.

2. Mike Flugennock
    FAIL

Bzzzzzzt. Next contestant, please...

Never mind that it was at a Web 2.0 "summit"; here's one more Internet corporate doorknob using the word "ecosystem".

Also, I love how Bartz uses the term "interactive". If my experience with pointy-haired management types and marketing hypesters is any indication, the term "interactive" in this context means "Web pages full of wiggling, blinking, flashing crap that won't hold still".

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My first search engine

I must be getting really old, but I prefer dumb websites. Here's hoping that Yahoo doesn't get too googly and I don't have to switch to something else. Better the devil you know...

4. Gabor Laszlo
    Badgers

Misleading headline

How many of you read it and thought "Geocities 2.0"?

I'm showing my age ...

5. jnewco81
    Unhappy

Oh no!

Not the Web 2.0 Sphere!!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like