back to article PayPal rushes out patched iPhone app

PayPal has submitted an updated iPhone application after learning that the previous one failed to check the digital certificates that confirmed the authenticity of the online-payment website. The hole leaves iPhone users who rely on the app open to man-in-the-middle attacks when connecting over unsecured networks such as Wi-Fi …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Would any sensible person?

Would any sensible person use an iPhone for financial transactions? I doubt it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

sensible person ?

No, not a sensible person, but that is an attribute that I would give to iphone user anyway.

I have even saw iphone user doing financial transaction on a banking website with smsTAN.

That use case is really asking for malware author.

2. Ian Stephenson
      Badgers

That's like saying...

Would any sensible company use IE 6 for internet access?

3. SuperTim

Yes

We are not all doom mongers you know. My 3g connection is more secure than your car is, yet you happily leave hundreds of pounds worth of stereo and stuff in it, just waiting for someone with a low tech brick to smash and grab.

Sure its POSSIBLE to fool me into getting robbed..... but so very highly UNLIKELY as to make it not a bother.

Or is this just an iPhone bash (which i grant you is maybe a little more justified than the whole security thing).

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Troll

Approved for the App Store in 24 hours

Not that I'm suggesting that some developers are more equal than others in His Steveness' benevolent dictatorship.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like