back to article iPad app access for US secret surveillance cloud system

Latest news on the iPad front: an app has been developed for the costly, much-hyped fondle-slab allowing users to access top-secret video and imagery from petabyte-scale databases holding the harvest from the USA's huge clandestine surveillance apparatus. This we hear from global arms and aerospace behemoth Boeing, which has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Speaking of which.

Was in the cesspit that is Yorkshire all last week, and on the way home, along the A59, I prompted my kids that the first ones who could spot the world's biggest golf course would win a prize.

Naturally, with a prize on offer, my daughter was at her most mercenary, and since she was the only one not interested in Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets, spotted it from the horizon.

Imagine her surprise when the prize was a kiss, for good observation.

2. Aaron 10
    Jobs Halo

Costly?

Really? £499?

3. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Yeah it's expensive.

@Aaron 10, yep, very costly. Wallgreens here in the States just got a tablet in stock for .. well originally it was $99, they raised it to $120. If they don't do the "1 dollar equals 1 pound" like Apple does, that's 75 pounds. I could buy 4 of these tablets for what the IPad costs, then go out with a friend or two and grab some lunch with the change.

To preempt the inevitable fanboi-responses... yeah, this tablet has lower specs (and Android 1.6 instead of 2.x -- although it's ALREADY been rooted and had 2.1 put on I guess..) But the reviews say the browser runs fine, apps run fine, and it'll play youtube vids. Given Apple doesn't give the choice of buying a lower-spec IPad I think the direct price comparison is valid.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like