back to article Bing on iPhone rumor returns to boil

Apple and Microsoft continue to negotiate the addition of Bing to the iPhone, according to a report citing sources familiar with the talks, but as things stand, this will not see the ejection of Google from Steve Jobs' handheld status symbol. All Things Digital reports that Apple and Microsoft are engaged in "long-term" talks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Token gesture

Let's be honest, Bing is rubbish! This is just a way for Apple to take a safe dig at Google.

1. Mr Brush
      Megaphone

Yep, it's poop.

I'm locked to a Bing searchbar by corporate policy on my work machine and it sucks. The only thing I type into Bing is 'google' to take me straight to a decent search engine.

2. Macka
    Troll

Troll Bait

Nothing to get excited or het up about folks. Cade is just jerking your chain. If Bing makes it onto the iPhone in the next incarnation it will just be a.n.other search option and there's nothing wrong with more choice.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Not that it'll happen, but..

If it did, it would be a case of "bing goes some of the appeal of your mobile device".

4. McLindy

iPhone Decision Engine

<script type = "text/javascript">

//iPhone decision engine

var myPhone = "iPhoneOriginal";

var myNewPhone;

var iPhoneSearch = prompt("What is the search engine in iPhone OS 4.0?", "Google");

if (iPhoneSearch == "bing")

{

myNewPhone = "android";

}

else

{

myNewPhone = "iPhone4";

}

document.write(myNewPhone)

</script>

5. Electric Panda
    Black Helicopters

More important things to consider

I'm more interested in rumours of Visual Studio 2010 allowing for iPhone development.

It hasn't been denied outright, all that was denied was Steve Ballmer going to WWDC - if the rumour is true (and I think there's a definite possibility of that, in all seriousness) then it's a massive bombshell and will throw open iPhone development to a vast number of people who were put off by the original Mac ownership requirement. The Android marketplace likely won't know what's hit it.

That would be a far bigger deal than Bing integration (incidentally, Bing is one year and one day old today) seeing as Bing really isn't anything special.

6. Jolyon Ralph
    Happy

have been told, hope this is true

that the number 1 search term on 'Bing is "google"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like