back to article Europe exposes new data share deal with US

The European Commission has issued its draft mandate - setting the ground rules to negotiate with the US to create a data sharing agreement. This must now be approved by the European Council before negotiations can begin. US authorities got access to European finance records and more detailed information on airline passengers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Adams
    Black Helicopters

Reciprocal Agreement?

Is this a Reciprocal Agreement?

i.e. do we (EU) get the equivalent supplied by the US?

Forgive my ignorance and laziness... hoping someone here is paying more attention than me and already knows :-)

1. Anonymous John

Re Reciprocal Agreement?

Yes. In the sense that the Extradition Treaty is reciprocal, that is.

1. Steve Adams

e Reciprocal Agreement?

Hi Anon John,

Do you mean that the US shares the equivalent data with the EU?

Steve.

1. Freddie

Re: Reciprocal

I'm not sure, but by the tone of the post I THINK he means to say

Yes. In the sense that no.

1. Anonymous Coward
            FAIL

Reciprocal

And by that I mean mutually corresponding...

And by US standard it means they get everything and you get nothing

It's all about selling terror and keeping control over the citizens, dontcha know?

2. Mike Green
    FAIL

And the jet engine..

Where the americans agreed to share info about jet engine development, and came over to see our working version, then never returned our calls after that...

1. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart

re the jet engine

Eh! No not quite, Winston Churchill gave them a couple of engines and all the drawings.

At the time the 'merkins idea of the bleeding edge powerplant was the Pratt & Whitney R-4360 Wasp Major/Double Wasp 4 bank piston engine and fitted to the B-29 Superfortress, it was prone to overheating.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Plus ca change...

So now she's met the sellout lobbyists and she's found a new fig leaf to ``justify'' handing out our data by the truckload. So what else is new?

4. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    WTF?

Better idea

Give them nothing, and then don't worry about what they do with nothing.

If they are not happy, they can cry.

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

How do we check *our* data or delete it?

Are they going to alert us when our data ends up in this database, and how are we to delete it (assuming we can)? Sounds like an impossible thing to provide us, eh?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bah

Us Yanks don't need any kind of agreement to get data on people in the UK. We will just ride your bus system looking for left behind ,USB sticks,laptops and brief case full of classified documents . Or we can just wait for HMRC to accidentally mail them to Washington .

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like