back to article Google back in court for book deal

Google is in court later today New York to face critics of its agreement with US publishers to digitise the world's books. Judge Denny Chin will hear evidence from 26 critics of the deal. These include Amazon and Microsoft, along with several publishers. France and Germany will also give evidence, the Beeb reports. The case …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Duncan Hothersall

Denny Crane!

Sorry.

2. heyrick Silver badge

Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers

This organisation is who? How well do they actually represent authors, especially NON American ones?

1. Trevor Pott o_O Gold badge
      Pint

re: Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers

The MAFIAA (and various extra-country tentacles thereof) get away with suing people for works they don't represent. Why then shouldn't the author's guild have say over works they don't represent? Following the logic of these Big Content groups, I should be able to walk into a bank and tell them you are cool with selling your house, assessed market value, plus or minus a few percent is great, and oh, keep it in reserve for a few years while we try to find you to tell you we sold your house. If we don't track you down, (after our exhausted searching,) we'll give the money to a charity. I like "country clubs of the west cost," they sound like a needy bunch. No? Dang.

One rule for them...

Beer for the first commenttard to come along and "thumbs down" me because I am grossly oversimplifying everything with my one paragraph analogy, that a copy of a book can't be compared to a house, and how Google are bringing peace, justice, lost/forgotten works, rainbows, bunnies and unicorns to the people.

This topic is closed for new posts.