back to article Newborn Firefox gets first glimpse of life

Mozilla may have officially dropped the Firefox 3.7 name in December, but that hasn’t stopped the open source web troupe pushing out a first alpha of the browser for brave testers to tinker with. Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 isn’t for public consumption; instead it’s Mozilla’s first build of the next incarnation of its browser - even …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Where is the Opera 10.50 BETA news.

Not early pre-alpha Firefix crap.

1. Tom Maddox Silver badge

Give it a rest

No one cares. Posting this from Opera and trying to squeeze out the same functionality I get from Firefox. Seriously, I don't know how you guys live with this POS.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Bilgepipe

Core Text

Great. Perhaps now it'll support the built-in OSX features like Narrator, the dictionary and Services that Safari has had since about 1973.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Er, 1973??

"Great. Perhaps now it'll support the built-in OSX features like Narrator, the dictionary and Services that Safari has had since about 1973."

I'd like to know what kind of paper you ran you browser on... Did Xerox copy your ideas?

3. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Was it only because

Firefox 3.1 is late = call it Firefox 3.5 instead? That's... a pity.

4. Professor Tinklepants
    Grenade

Will the new version:

- Stop shifting the whole bloody page up an inch, just after it finishes loading? I'm fed up thinking the page has loaded and then clicking on the wrong link as the bloody thing shifts up.

- Actually follow links that I click on, instead of sitting there pretending I never clicked on anything?

- Stop being so bloody slow at every bloody thing I ever ask it to bloody do? I mean, it's nice to have a pretty 'persona' to stare at while it clunks away in a decidedly Internet Explorer-y kind of way but I'd rather have a faster web experience.

This topic is closed for new posts.