back to article Google stock shunned by China

China has released its first public disclosure of its US stock investments, and there's one profitable, fast-growing company that's conspicuous by its absence: Google. The list of US companies in which the China Investment Corporation (CIC) holds stock totals 68, adds up to a cool $9.63bn, and is spread across a wide swath of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lol

Wonder what China found out about the chocolate factory that made them shy away?

2. jake Silver badge

I'm not surprised.

Both of them have a PE of 23+, and I personally won't invest in that kind of cluster fuck ... but apple has a reality distortion field. google doesn't. Yet.

Hopefully google never will ... but it is working on it ...

3. Jerome 0

Perceptions of Google?

Perhaps it comes back to Google's failure to achieve any dominance in the Chinese market. Thanks to Google's lacklustre performance in their own country, Chinese investors can't shake the feeling that the big G is a failure, regardless of how well it performs elsewhere in the world. Perhaps they see it as overhyped, and believe that this fact will surely dawn on the rest of the world in time.

4. andrew bence
    Grenade

Not investing in an Internet only firm?

Maybe they've longer memories than the stock market johnnies in the west

(grenade is the closest to a time bomb I could find)

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

billions or trillions?

the article says "...adds up to a cool $9.63bn..."

shouldn't that be at least hundreds of billions? if China has only invested a mere 10 billion or so in US stocks then they are a lot further away from global financial domination than the press would have us believe.

6. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

billions or trillions?

"...adds up to a cool $9.63bn..."

shouldn't that at least hundreds of billions? if China has only invested a mere 10 billion or so in US stocks then they are a lot further away from global financial domination than the press would have us believe.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like