back to article iPhone worms can create mobile botnets

A detailed analysis of the most malign in a recent spate of iPhone worms points to future mobile botnet risks. The IKee-B (Duh) iPhone worm, released in late November, exploited default root passwords on jailbroken iPhones to turn the smartphones into botnet clients under the control of a server based in Lithuania. The worm …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Hill

Key word: JAILBROKEN

When we see more than two worms on non-jailbroken iPhones, then I will worry...

2. Dominic Thomas
    Dead Vulture

Is that a DEC in your pocket?

> allowing decent internet access with what's essentially a mini-computer

A PDP-11? A Prime 50? Neither are exactly pocketable... "Mini-computer" is already a well established term, at least for us old-timers...

1. Mike Powers
      WTF?

Right, and it's JIGGAbyte, not GIGGAbyte

and a kilobyte is 1024 bytes, not 1000!

Give me a DAMN break.

3. Daniel B.

So it is a worm!

Even security experts designate it as a worm. The fanboi's are put to rest on the "it isn't a worm" argument.

That said, it does seem to be the "stupid worm", that meaning you're stupid enough to leave a default password on your phone. Kinda like leaving your Nokia with 12345 as the security code...

4. A 31
    Coat

congrats

I think it is quite an achievement for the iphone

a phone that can spread a worm has to be commanded, certainly one of the first through an IP network, desapointing that it only uses a default setting though.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like