back to article Zuckerberg pictures exposed by Facebook privacy roll-back

Illuminating pictures of Facebook chief exec Mark Zuckerberg have been exposed by Facebook's privacy roll back. Back in October, the world at large could see only one photo of the Facebook co-founder via the social networking site. Facebook's controversial privacy shake up this week means that world+dog can now obtain access …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

In other news...

Hoist pertard? Or a public relations stunt by the founder to show that it's OK to be less private? Or who cares?

2. Andy ORourke
    Happy

Petard, Hoist, Own, By

Ha, Ha </Munz>

3. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Teddy

I like the one with the Teddy. He looks so cute.

1. Goat Jam
      Alert

Nice crack pipe too . . .

On the coffee table bottom left

4. Stone Fox
    Paris Hilton

dammit!

pipped to the post on petard remarks!

I suspect he'll end up leaving a lot of stuff visible to save face.

Paris, because we've seen a lot of her private 'moments'!

5. GreyCells
    Thumb Up

tee hee

This is what you get for eating the result of your own dog food...

6. aNthraXx
    Big Brother

A better ending

Users who would rather retain control on who can see their pictures or other personal information would do well to steer clear of Facebook.

1. Bruno Girin

...or of any social activity of any sort

Seriously: if it's online, it's public, privacy settings or not. Whatever the system, it only takes a friend who has less stringent privacy settings than you have for a photo of you to end up in the public domain. Not even that, even if you don't have any account on any social website, it only takes that same well intentioned friend or family member for pictures of you to end up on the net.

There are two ways to deal with this problem:

1) live in a cave away from everybody else so that no compromising photographs of you ever emerge

2) join social networking sites like Facebook and post enough candid shots of yourself so that the ratio of good and boring shots vs compromising shots is high enough so that you blend in the nameless mass

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

B/W

For someone who tries to sound like a modern person type you sure have a black and white point of view don´t you. Have you considered that there might just be a "world" in-between cave and online cave life?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hahahaha

priceless.

I notice the vast majority of his pictures are now private again.

Not so nice when it happens to you, eh? You dopey twat.

8. Paul RND*1000
    FAIL

Live by the privacy violation...

...die by the privacy violation.

I'm kind of hoping this was unintended consequences, which would serve him bloody right. :)

9. Jason Yau
    Big Brother

Hmmm

"Users who would rather retain control on who can see their pictures or other personal information would do well to steer clear of Facebook altogether"

That sounds better.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not so much petard, hoist, more like dog-food, own.

Certainly that's what he's claiming on his status on his homepage.

11. JetSetJim
    Stop

Damage limitation?

Now his profile has the update:

" Mark Zuckerberg For those wondering, I set most of my content on my personal Facebook page to be open so people could see it. I set some of my content to be more private, but I didn't see a need to limit visibility of pics with my friends, family or my teddy bear :)"

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Badgers

Indeed!

Faced with either being made to look like the world's most complete two-faced git or pretending that I'd done it deliberately, I'd have taken that option too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like