back to article Mozilla Labs issues 'major' Ubiquity upgrade

Mozilla Labs released an update to Ubiquity - its in-browser command line utility - yesterday. The open source browser maker described the release of version 0.5 as a “major upgrade” that makes the instructions you give to Ubiquity feel more natural and human. The latest version of the experimental plug-in, that has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

It would be nice if they'd just fix the spell checker in Thunderbird

It would be nice if Mozilla would just fix the spell checker in Thunderbird. It has to be the absolutely worst spell checker on the planet when it comes to the English language. Misspell a simple word like "reservoir" to, say, "reseviour", and it's guesses are: previous, previously, deviousness, Saviour's, deviously, devious, deviousnesses, deviousness's, and Saviour.

And this is typical of its behavior.

2. Havin_it
    Thumb Down

Small omission from article...

Namely, if it isn't too much trouble, could you perhaps explain what it actually does? I've read the article twice and am none the wiser (possibly slightly the opposite).

Command line for what? Browser functions? Searches? Native OS commands? Geo-aware kebab ordering? Nope, not a scooby.

3. Crazy Operations Guy
    WTF?

So rather than fix something worthwhile

they decide to work with this? I didn't even know that Firefox had a CLI and I am sure that 99% of users don't know it is there either.

Can someone please point me in the direction of this component (perhaps this update was intended more to make people aware of the thing, not make it better)

4. magnetik

URL for Ubiquity

For those moaners who can't be bothered to Google:

http://labs.mozilla.com/projects/ubiquity/

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Can't be very ubiquitous...

... I've never heard of it

6. mfraz

A Mozilla product?

I always thought Ubiquity was a simple graphical live CD installer for Debian based operating systems.

7. lupine
    Go

Hidden

been using this for months and it can be handy...only problem is that i forget its there half the time...a bit like gnome-do...

This topic is closed for new posts.