back to article LametopsLaptops Direct offers free funerals

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and UK computer outfit Laptops Direct today launched an initiative offering cashed-strapped punters the chance to give their loved ones the send-off they deserve: Well, we suppose it's better than dumping granny's body in the street. Those of you with relatives about to pop …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Enrico Vanni
    Happy

Captures the mood of the silent majority very well..

There is no truth in the rumour Jade Goody's family have been the first to sign up (who mentioned moneygrubbers?!!)

2. Steve John

April 1st

See title.

3. mittfh

Please tell me this is a fool...

OK, the press release states 30th March, but would the company really sink this low?

4. Toastan Buttar
    Thumb Up

Nice one

Nice one

5. harryhedgehog
    Thumb Up

sigh....the sign of our times

nice one... maybe they will sponsor a care home bed as we start to decline?...or a hospital trolley when we are close to pegging it.

great idea for the struggling masses.

6. Stephen Rogers
    Happy

Brilliant....

Had me for a second....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

What a day to launch this service

anyone might think it was an April Fools Day joke.....

8. Robert

Very Funny

I always did like a bit of dark humor. Nice job!

9. Christoph

Battery problems?

I knew that exploding batteries were dangerous but I didn't realise it had got that bad.

10. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

April 1st Advert?

A search for 'funeral' on http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ finds no results, and a quick web search shows nothing realted.

If they had commissioned this article as an advert, they could at least have put something on their site.

11. Riscyrich
    Thumb Up

Headstone !

Just love the anti-virus advert at the bottom...

12. harryhedgehog
    Dead Vulture

...website proves it is real!

@ Flocke Kroes

Look at the front page of LaptopsDirect.co.uk

Its advertised there in the centre of the screen...

...I've enquired already as my granny is fairly close to popping he clogs and it seems like a great deal. I even get a lappie if I take more than 10 options.

Great deal LaptopsDirect, maybe the Reg could do something similar!!!

13. Stu
    Thumb Up

Brilliant April Fools joke!

I love the pic on the website with the funeral car adorned with the laptops direct logo on every window! Now that's class.

"...She was a wonderful person, loved by many, and so we lay her dear soul to rest safe in the knowledge she has passed through the pearly gates to eternal peace and solitude. The good lord thanks Laptops Direct for this ceremony's sponsorship along with its generous church donations. Will you all now please rise and repeat after me - God bless Laptops Direct, *ahem* oh and the old woman I guess. Mmmyokay."

Fantastic, cheered me up today no end! :-)

14. MnM

xbox are also doing their bit

Sadly my grandparents are already dead, so I've missed out on this great offer. Anyway, check out a new take on guitar hero: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBQknWUEYU

15. Aaron Singh
    Joke

April Fools

I'm guessing its an April Fools day joke?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

No joke

Triggered me into having no desire to deal with them. Lousy joke - I have lost too many family and friends, and had to organise a couple of funerals and the associated aftermath. But from the email header I was not absolutely sure that it did come from them - anyone else able to confirm?

This topic is closed for new posts.