back to article Workers take Caterpillar Inc managers hostage

Four managers at a Caterpillar Inc plant in Grenoble are being held hostage by workers, AFP reports. The agency cites an "unidentified union official" as the source of the latest French managment imprisonment news. Earlier this month, workers at a Sony plant in Pontonx-sur-l'Adour, south-west France, held the company's local …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Christopher
    Alert

Wait a minute...

The unions are basically taking hostages and the ringleaders aren't being thrown in jail? Okay, you're upset about loosing all those people paying you dues, but in no way does that make it okay to effectively kidnap people!

2. Liam Johnson

So last week

It was funny the first time, but starting to wear a little thin already. I suppose we can be grateful that they are not being locked in trailers and set on fire.

3. Steve Evans

Okay...

1 is a shock

2 is a unexpected

But getting yourself caught in the third incident is just plain stupid! surely any manager with more than a couple of braincells to run together would refuse to meet any workers in an office with only one exit... From the far side of a chain link fence is currently recommended!

4. Rob

@liam

i don't think it's meant to be funny.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF...

How dare a business which is being hit by a severe downturn do anything to cut costs? Better for the whole company to go out of business than for it to lay off even a single worker!

And, of course, taking hostages is a totally reasonable response to this. Is there some reason the guys doing this aren't in jail yet? What happens when one of these execs' kids gets hit by a car and is in the hospital? And hell, if it's legal to kidnap people in France for planning to lay people off, can I go to France and kidnap some executives because they won't HIRE me?

*rolls eyes*

6. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

so from the other Caterpillar story posted above....

...send for the D9 robo-cats....

7. Gordon Crawford
    Flame

no Dave

if it's legal to kidnap people in France for planning to lay people off, can I go to France and kidnap some executives because they won't HIRE me?

no Dave !

But it may be legal to go to France and kidnap a manager from a company that laid you off else where in the world . [now you know the benefits of globalization]

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like