back to article Google spews desktop ads onto Satan, Jesus Phones

Google is now spewing desktop text and image ads directly onto the Apple iPhone and the T-Mobile G1, an unattractive and uninspiring piece of plastic that runs Google's open source Android OS. This morning, with a post to the official Google Mobile Blog, Mountain View Oompah Loompah Alexandra Kenin told desktop-minded AdWords …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven Knox
    Alert

Please, Cade...

Tell us what you _really_ think of the G1.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Hmmm...

I thought their motto was something like: "do nothing evil"....? If intruding into all aspects of our lives with ads isn't evil, it's a close second to governmental intrusion.

3. KenBW2

"the ads will have [...] benefits"

Really? Not that I've seen

4. Alan W. Rateliff, II
    Paris Hilton

No advertisements if I fscking pay for it. Thank you.

That is really all I have to say about that. I would be absolutely pissed if I purchased a product and software, only then to have one or both start dropping advertisements on me. It is bad enough I have to pay $9 to see a movie and watch commercials -- okay I do not have to, and most of the time I do not. That kind of crap is enough to make people download movies.

Paris, enough to make people want to download, ahem, "movies."

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Sorry

There is no "h" in "Oompa Loompa".

That is all.

6. Martin Lyne

If it subsidises the phone

go for it.

I'd like a cheap Touch HD with Android on it. Preferably one with a nicer camera and multi-touch, but we can't have everything..

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Er...

Spewgle?

Mine's the one covered in unwanted adverts.

8. Mark Talbot
    Flame

Rubish

All this is that adds in google searches point at the desktop landing page rather than needing to be a special mobile one. Big deal, no need for the massive hissy fit just cos you don't like google.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

click through rate

Most of us (readers of this site) likely don't click ads much, many even block them entirely.

Who in their right mind is clicking banners and stuff on a phone screen.

Maybe i need a newer phone (currently on a current nokia with 3g) , but browsing the internet on my phone is painful and unpleasant, let alone going to ads!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like