back to article Google sends 'Duke of Data Centers' to Land of Oz?

Google has apparently dispatched its self-styled "Duke of Data Centers" to the land of Oz, as it considers whether Australia is worthy of Project Will Power. Over the past few weeks, according to Australian IT, a small team of American Googlers arrived Down Under for "high-level discussions" with local data center providers, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

I dunno...

...with the stuff the Aussie government is cooking up, I don't think I'd be getting in line for IT projects down undah.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

BYO infrastructure

I guess they are going to build their own trans-Pacific pipe then? We can't even get reliable ADSL at 1536kbps and we are right in the middle of Sydney's CBD.

I don't know if anyone has told Google yet, but our infrastructure here is still not fibre-to-the-door, and isn't likely to be for the next 1,000 years thanks to our main telcos sweet little monopoly on the infrastructure, plus the fact the our Government still thinks fibre is what you get from sheep, not what you get teh pr0n from YouToobs on.

Oh, and another thing - is it Google going to get a get-out-of-firewall card for Our Glorious And Wise Government's proposed Even Greater Than China's Great Firewal of Australia?

Paris, because how are we going to Googe for Paris behind the Firewall To End All Firewalls?

And anon. becuase I don't want a visit from the Telstra Stasi!

3. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Thumb Down

Aussies will soon be banned from the Internet

The Australian Govt has great plans to allow those whacky jesus-junkies to dictate our moral codes and what we can see on the net.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24569656-5014239,00.html

Madness

4. AllMyFriendsHaveMPD

Are these data centers thirsty?

BecOZ we're running out of water.

5. TeeCee Gold badge

Slippery slope.

So Google are transporting people to Australia now? They'll be reducing their salary costs by reintroducing slavery next. After that they'll build an Empire and take over the world.......oh, wait......

6. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

answered without answering

Google responded with a reply, but not an answer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like