back to article Opera update quietly fixes bug brace

Opera has patched a brace of critical vulnerabilities with the release of the latest version of its web browser. The release notes accompanying Opera version 9.60 focused on features such as speed improvements and a cleaner layout for feeds. But underneath the bonnet, a couple of security vulnerabilities have been patched. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Timely fixes are what is important.

Every browser has the occasional security bug, however Opera is the ONLY browser on the market with zero outstanding security issues, and Opera has a track record of being the only browser to nail issues as soon as they are uncovered.

If you want to browse using the fastest, more secure, most standards complaint, there head over to www.opera.com

2. Nick Palmer
    Joke

@ "Timely fixes..."

"This information was brought to you by Opera Inc."? :P Just kidding; I like Opera a lot. I tend to use FF, but that's largely because I'm a complete add-ons whore. Opera gets used from my phone a lot, though.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Newsworthy

It's nice to see that Opera having a small number of security issues patched is worthy of a news article. It used to be the same for Firefox though these days many bug-fix versions are ignored completely or are only tacked on to another news story, unless they're relatively unusual such as 14 holes in one patch etc.

Oh for the good old days of Opera 6 when there had never been a single security hole in Opera. I wonder what happened to the person who coded that first bug?

But I suppose that's what happens when a document viewer goes from being coded by a handful of people in the same room to a web application platform produced by over 500 people around the world, some of whom are clock watchers just like the rest of us. No wonder Opera are opening offices in China... can you imagine what must happen to the programmers who create bugs and shame their employers there?!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like