back to article (Former) gambling site worker cops to ID theft

The former employee of an internet-based gambling website has admitted he used his position in the company's credit department to steal the identities of some of its clients. Patrick Kalonji, 27, of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, pleaded guilty in US District Court in the Southern District of New York late last week. While living …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Evans

A Nigerian...

I'll try to act shocked!

2. adnim

@Steve: A Nigerian...

Maybe the fact that he was a greedy thieving bastard had more to do with it than his nationality.

Perhaps BetOnSports.com employee background checks are lax, maybe the guy was indeed honest until the opportunity of ID theft arose. If the former then Mr Kalonji should not be the only one facing a charge here.

3. Jared Earle
    Unhappy

Identity Theft?

Sounds like plain and simple fraud to me.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Always bothered me...

You sign up, with personal and banking details, to a gambling website that is out in the middle of a territory that quite often has very lax legal controls and no government controls to make sure it stays within the law. Additionally the systems, like all gambling establishments, are always tiited in the favour of the owner and most likely the websites "can see your cards", while your playing!

Maybe I'm not one of the gullible ones, just for a change, who can only see the pound signs?

5. Dennis
    Paris Hilton

Well thats gambling for

You never know who can steal you stuff.

Paris because lots of people have seen her private things

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like