back to article Notorious Israeli Pentagon hacker on ATM fraud rap

Canadian police have cuffed a notorious Israeli hacker over allegations of financial fraud, seven years after he avoided jail after being convicted of hacking into Pentagon systems. Ehud Tenenbaum (aka The Analyzer), 29, has been detained with three suspected accomplices over allegations they hacked into the systems of a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

So this guy got six months community...

...and poor McKinnon is due to get the good news to the tune of 10 years, possibly wearing an orange jump suit in Gitmo.

Paris - 'cos it would appear NASA have been penetrated more times than she has.

2. Nir

He's a fucking idiot

ahm: http://seclists.org/vuln-dev/2002/Feb/0226.html

I think that about sums the intelligence of the so called "hacker".

3. Tam Lin

US authorities never sought Tenenbaum's extradition

Huh? That's like Wales trying to extradite someone from Great Britain. Methinks your schoolbooks are a bit out of date.

4. Andy Bright

US or Canadian dollars?

If it was Canadian I can see what the fuss is about, that's probably close to a million quid withdrawn. If it was US, why waste the money on tracking down nearly 2 quids worth of stolen funds? Surely the paper alone used to write these guys up cost more than the haul if it was US currency.

5. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Flame

More FUD

If they do ever actually catch a proper hacker I'll eat my bits.

I'm no expert but I bet I could run rings round these guys they're catching.

I know some experts, their modus operandi appears to be to use about 5 compromised machines as hop-offs, they get in, get what they want and get out, no traces left. Or at least that's what they *used* to do. :o)

One of these guys walks around tripwire like it isn't there.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Re: Tam Lin and extradition

Huh? What schoolbooks do you have? He was arrested in Israel, no extradition sought. This time he has been arrested in Canada. Now despite obviously close relations between the US and both those countries they scarcely compare to the principality of Wales trying to extradite someone from Great Britain.

Paris cos maybe she thinks Canada is in the US too.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Sometimes eugenics is called for

The Anal-iser was always a no-talent assclown and vapid media whore to boot. Now we know he's a thief as well. What a moron. Castrate this man for the good of humanity.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like