back to article Rackspace cages lackluster IPO

Rackspace appears to have a knack for ill-timed IPOs. Shares in the hosting company dropped as much as 19 per cent during their debut on the New York Stock Exchange. And, at the time of this report, RAX - at $11.37 per share - was still sagging below the IPO price of $12.50 per share, which was already at the low end of an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pctechxp

I applied to this bunch

They phoned me on a sunday evening at work and I phoned them back the next day and left a message for the person who called me who was away from their desk.

I'm still waiting for a callback.

Bunch of wankers

2. Kevin Hutchinson
    Thumb Up

Good but pricey

Having used Rackspace for over 5 years, I can say they are a great hosting company with top-notch support but very much on the pricey side. That's because they include Fanatical Support with the price, so everything is bit more expensive than you'd find at Server Beach, Softlayer, and others. I really think they should offer prices with Basic Support for cheapskates like me.

Whether their IPO is a long term success or not will largely depend on their cloud computing play called Mosso. Otherwise they stand to lose to Joyent and the grandaddy Amazon's AWS. Well that's how I see things anyway. I wish Rackspace the very best - they were always there when I needed them.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@pctechxp

You are actually pretty lucky that they didn't get back to you, I got called in for an interview and it was the worst interview process I have ever had the misfortune to put myself through. It's like being recruited into a cult and the guy interviewing me just kept asking me over and over again how "committed to rackspace" I was. By this point I was already a little concerned and wanted convincing that rackspace was a place worth working, this insistence on blind allegance was a little offputting.

Plus the interviewer had a really bad case of small man syndrome.

4. Binger Binger
    Thumb Down

I went for a interview at Rackspace

Spent three weeks ringing and being rung by Rackspace regarding an interview. Turned up for an interview and was asked to draw a picture????

Was then interviewed by two men in shorts??? Was continually asked "how passionate about the customer I was" - I think they wanted me to start shouting and jumping up and down... Then one of them started typing on his laptop and making phone calls - during an inteview!! Very weird and cult like...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like