back to article Italian authorities raid alleged music filesharing forum

Italy's Guardia di Finanza has shut down forum site Downrevolution.net for offering links to pirated music, video and software hosted on popular filesharing sites. Four people have been arrested for involvement in the site. According to a message posted to the domain, they face a criminal investigation. Reports say that three …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. etabeta
    Thumb Down

MAFIAA

Instead of battling the real mafia, they seem to work for the MAFIAA

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Arresting children?

Thank heavens - we can all sleep safe in our beds knowing that the entertainment industry is protected from er... children.

Beats catching real criminals I suppose.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Kids

I'm going to hold up my hand (anonymously) and say that back in the 1980's me and my mates used to copy spectrum and C64 games as well as the odd music album and swap them around. Double tape deck is all it took. Everyone was at it because we were kids and had no money. The rozzers never bothered us back then, so what's changed?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Would somebody think of the children............

Does this mean that the children were lead astray by an Man or is setting up one of these sites just child's play...........

I blame Bill Gates as according to his leaving speech he invented the internet and everything that goes on on the internet and as a consequence is responsible for every illegal act that is carried out on the internet.

5. Aron A Aardvark

Bad luck kids, you got caught. That's the risk you take.

Children who presumably are capable and intelligent enough to maintain a small network of illegal files. The legal age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10.

How are they not 'real criminals'? Would you object if I took something you made and sold it for my own enrichment? Doing it on a computer makes it OK?

It would be interesting to know were the profits were going. Perhaps it was the mafia.

This topic is closed for new posts.