back to article 9/11 an inside job, says Irish pop folkster

9/11 conspiracy theorists will be delighted to learn that they've gained some poptastic backing from Corrs guitar-botherer Jim Corr, who's declared that there's "overwhelming evidence" the Twin Towers attack was perpetrated by "rogue elements in the Bush neo-con administration". His comments came during an interview with Today …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

I'd like to think he was stoned..

.. when he did that interview. As proof positive that overuse of pot causes paranoia.

2. Philip
    Coat

I'll get me tinfoil hat..

...and me coat.

3. Smallbrainfield

Least Sexy Corr

I reckon the other Corrs used to make him dress up as a girl Corr when they were kids, too. This is just Jim asserting his masculinity, which is pointless as we only want to know what Andrea's opinion is on all this.

4. dervheid
    Black Helicopters

And the Corrs played...

"Believe it if you like"

Couldn't he at least come up with an original Conspiracy Theory after three years "studying the New World Order which the European Union is a part of".

Sorry, old news.

Not to say it couldn't be true though...

5. Tetsugaku-San
    Go

World Government?

Sounds fantastic - bring it on. Seriously, I can't think of anything better than the EU being a stepping stone to secular world state.

Beats all this fannying about we do now, wasting time, resources and people on duplicate projects.

6. Nick Martin
    Thumb Down

moron

No one cares! he just the bloke from the corrs.

Bring on one of his sisters!

7. Dai

You mean...

The MAN-CORR. Call it by it's name...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

There's a bloke in the Corrs?

Only noticed Andrea, Sharon and Caroline... ;-p

Seems that James Ignatius Stephen Corr MBE, known as Jim, is the band’s guitarist. He was born on July 31, 1964 making him the oldest member of the group. Besides playing guitar, keyboard and accordion, Jim holds a license to fly helicopters. Jim has one son from a relationship with the former Miss Northern Ireland, Gayle Williamson (or so she told him anyway).

Mines the one with "Talk On Corners" on the back

9. Electro Boy

Corr blimey!!

Maybe he should "runaway".

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The new journalism

Could not be termed keyboard-bothering, by any chance? If not, then it must be keyboard not-bothering.

As for me, I have an ongoing difficulty with the new arithmetic: 1 airplane impact + 1 airplane impact = 3 fallen buildings. I've tried hex, but WFT.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Tetsugaku-San

Who says it will be secular?

I, for one, welcome our NWO christian/Jewish/Muslim overlords.

I'll get ma coat 'cos it's cold in Siberia...

btw. It was an inside job, laws of physics n' all that - you can break them in Star Trek but not RL. :)

12. Robajob

To be fair...

playing that shite for so long would drive me mental too.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Re: World Government?

"Seriously, I can't think of anything better than the EU being a stepping stone to secular world state."

Yep - they'd just use 'Brave New World' as their policy manual, instead of '1984' ...

14. Tim

What about 22/5 ?

I hope he can take time to look into the 22/5 incident, when Al Queda brought terror to the heart of Exeter. Could that have been a joint MI6-CIA plot authorised at the highest level? I demand an inquiry. Pregferably one that takes several years and costs many millions but doesn't really decide anything.

15. James Pickett
    Thumb Down

World state

Look forward to the health IT contract for that!

Just because JC is an Irish singer doesn't make him wrong about 9/11 (or 11/9 as I prefer to think of it) though. Less well known is that the Oklahoma bombing (chief stooge, T.McVeigh) was an inside job too - you can't focus the blast from a truck bomb, which would have done relatively little structural damage on its own.

16. Patrick O'Reilly
    Dead Vulture

Only Fair

Europe voted No to Dustin the Turkey, Ireland votes No to Lisbon.

It's perfectly logical. Think of your fellow foul!

17. Anonymous John

I for one,

welcome our new European scientific technocratic overlords. I want ESA to build a manned spacecrft.

18. Stuart Van Onselen

Thanks, AC

I was confused there. How could there be so many comments, and not one "Truther" in the mix? But at last we got one.

It's clear to me that the medical fraternity is failing a large number of people. There are so many therapies for psychotic paranoia these days, that it's disgraceful that we still have so many Truthers. Come on, WHO, get your act together!

19. Joe Cooper

Nine eleven

A bunch of saudis led by a guy in Afghanistan was waaaay too inconvenient for a guy just itching to declare war on Iraq.

20. richard
    Stop

MBE?

you are joking that he's got an MBE, right?

come on, really, you are joking me, aren't you?

no really, he's in the corrs and he's got an MBE and has another 'blame our government not old psycho fuckwit bin laden'' conspiracy theory...

is he also one that believes the titanic was switched as the last moment?

no, come on, he's in the corrs and he's got A FUCKING MBE????

21. alyn

heard it all before

One US conspiracy theorist said that the US invasion of Iran was imminent. This was about 6 months ago - still hasn't happened. Try listening to Alex Jones on shortwave radio. According to him the US government is planning to wipe out 2/3 of the american population, they are going to rescind the right to bear arms (no bad thing, in my view) and the CIA planted explosives to bring down the Twin Towers (of couse they did, but it's amazing how several tons of burning aviation fuel didn't pre-detonate it).

He is about as nutty as the "Jesus is coming" freaks.

22. Mark

11/9 does have a lot of unneeded secrecy

1) Sections of the US intelligence agency already had plenty of information to see an attack coming.

2) Temperatures jet fuel burned at should not have been enough to melt the superstructure

3) The superstructure was cleared away VERY quickly and nobody apart from intelligence services have gotten hold of the debris

4) Getting al Qaida meant going into afghanistan, which was undertaken with FAR too few troops and little support. Iraq was led on from there with far too many troops and lots of support (some troops coming out of Afghanistan, causing the taliban to get back off their knees and make trouble again)

1 is either incompetence or deliberate, neither of which are warranted or wanted in a secret organisation operating on behalf but outside government

2 is either incompetence on the engineering company or the story is incomplete, neither are wanted here either

3 could be protecting the incompetent in #2 or to hid whatever is hidden, neither good

4 is incompetence or taking advantage of the tragedy, again, neither good.

11/9 has a lot of CAPABILITY to be a cover up and there's plenty of evidence of *something* being covered up. It isn't necessarily a conspiracy, except in the way of stopping those people responsible for complete and malignant incompetency from reaching their just desserts. Then again, that's no good either.

PS: decades of attacks by the irish in the UK. US: let's pay the boys back in the auld country. one pissant attack in the US and "international terrorism in the US will not be tolerated". Thanks, you arrogant fucks. At least you had the honesty to say that it's only terrorism against the US that is unacceptable.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Elephant? What Elephant?

"tip-toe totalitarianism in the West"

Baaahahahaha, tip-toe? I guess all those stage monitors make you a bit... deaf over time. It's rather a stampede. All in the name of something even more bogus than the red scare and the concerns of McCarthyism. At least those Evil Russians at some point had nukes for sure. Fear is the ultimate weapon.

@ The new journalism:

Yeah, building seven... it boggles the mind, doesn't it? Watching those countless docu-tainments about planned demolitions on other steel buildings doesn't help either. Hmmm, WTCs folding neatly in place, now where did we see this before...

24. Alex

@AC 11:05

Spot on! The maths claimed by the authorities is clearly bogus (in hex or otherwise). Now, excuse me, I've lined up a dozen dominos and I need to knock over the first one to knock over the others.

25. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Aha!

I found some marbles while hoovering under the sofa last night. Now I know who lost them.

26. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Tax is the biggest pot of money there is

Wouldn't it be more unbelievable if nobody had ever tried to get their thieving little mits on it, by Oh lets say supplying a restricted commodity such as weapons to a government that would need a really good reason to justify paying loads of money for such a comodity.

Strange that no one has ever been cought trying to do something like that isn't it? Almost seems like a conspiracy that no one should ever have tried.

Although some sort of plan to invade Cuba from back in the day that the present American administration where making such plans rather then implementing them was released to the public as a result of the thirty year rule....... something about staging attacks on an American army base to provide the public support needed for an invasion or something.... I suppose it would be ridiculous to speculate that when given the opportunity they might try and do something like that, after all they where only making detailed plans about how to carry it out.

Silly to think that really.

27. Calvin Davidson
    Coat

A scientific technocracy?

"the EU is a stepping stone towards a world government, they will merge it with the Asia Pacific Union, the African Union and the North American Union", and the treaty will bring "a scientific technocracy to Europe which will erode national sovereignty".

A truly scientific technocracy? Really? No room for Gordon, George, Tony or any of the current politicos with their populist, superstitious nonsense?

Yes, please!

Mine's the lab-coat with "SAVE CHEMISTRY!" written on the back in permanent ink.

28. Gordon Pryra
    Coat

Who gives a damm what he says

Right or wrong, stoned or not

Why the hell

1) Do media personalitys think they know what the hell they are talking about

2) Do the same fuckwits then feel the need to tell us?

3) Do the various news agencys then give them credence by reporting on this shit

Its depressing that their views are even given the time of day, since the only people allowed to talk out loud with no knowledge of the subject in question is our corrupt government.

Any "Pop" star who opens his/her mouth to give any political/religious views should be shot, sparing our stupid gullable youth the pain of having to rethink thier world view when the "star" in question gets a new partner/releases a shit song/gets arrested for kiddy worrying

They arrest people for reading the "wrong books" yet allow tossers to lecture us?

We need a civil war asap!!

Mines the coat with the scaffold and noose in the pocket

29. Nano nano
    Coat

Closer to home ...

Next thing you know, he'll be telling us the IRA was actually a bunch of guys in the government - oh hang on, they are now ...

30. James

WanCORR

Yes one more correct application of the phrase Shut the Fuck Up

31. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

@Mark

You forgot the "builders" who were carrying out structural works on the towers prior to 9/11.

Yet no one has ever said what they were doing and why it took months and was on the top floors only.

Or why the whole thing came down in a controlled manner, similar to blocks of flats being demolished.

And the CCTV footage of the plane / missile that hit the pentagon, the one the size of a car and flying ten feet off the ground over the car park.

The list goes on and on, but the media reports what it's told to report and we believe what they say.

32. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Insert Jeremy Hardy joke here

The Irish used to want to die for the Corrs, and now they won't kill 'em. Arf.

33. Michael O'Malley
    Alien

Paranoids have more exciting lives

Being paranoid means you have a much more exciting life. Instead of being a boring git that no one wants to sleep with, you are incredibly important and insightful You understand how things REALLY work, and Who really runs the world.. Of course, wearing tin foil caps to stop Their satellites from controlling with your brain is uncomfortable, but so it goes. Every word in the Illuminatus trilogy is true of course. You know They just pretend it's a joke to fool us.

34. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not to mention Willie Nelson

There is a newspaper distributed in Washington, DC, called something like "The Rock Creek Independent". When I notice it the upper right of the first page usually seems to be given to 9/11 conspiracy theories. The first I saw weighing in was Willie Nelson. The second was a popular entertainer also.

Washingtonian readers: this is at the McPherson Square Metro entrance by the Veterans Adminstration building.

35. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

What do the Al-Q Chuckleheads have to do?

I mean geez! A little respect here. They spend months in a dirty cave, planning something terrible, and then everyone goes around just saying it was Jews, or the CIA, or Bush himself flying the planes.

I mean really, how far to these jerks have to go before someone pays them a bit of credit for being the evil morons they are?

And to all you 9/11 "truthers" out there: LEARN SOME PHYSICS!

You guys are the most credulous bunch of true believers out there. I bet you even practice homeopathy.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@James Pickett

"you can't focus the blast from a truck bomb"

Er, which version of the manual did you download?

37. michael

re:11/9 does have a lot of unneeded secrecy

"1) Sections of the US intelligence agency already had plenty of information to see an attack coming."

never ascribe to conspricy what can be explaned by incompance

"2) Temperatures jet fuel burned at should not have been enough to melt the superstructure"

yes but at burring jet fule temps steel loses 90% of it's strenght it dose not need ot melt just bend a lot

"3) The superstructure was cleared away VERY quickly and nobody apart from intelligence services have gotten hold of the debrie" complete fiction about the speed and I beleve there where sevral investagitions

"4) Getting al Qaida meant going into afghanistan, which was undertaken with FAR too few troops and little support. Iraq was led on from there with far too many troops and lots of support (some troops coming out of Afghanistan, causing the taliban to get back off their knees and make trouble again)"

see my comment form point 1 with the added fact of a son trying to finish his farthers war

"11/9 has a lot of CAPABILITY to be a cover up and there's plenty of evidence of *something* being covered up. It isn't necessarily a conspiracy, except in the way of stopping those people responsible for complete and malignant incompetency from reaching their just desserts. Then again, that's no good either."

the only thing being covered up is the reasioning behing the actions AFTER 11/9

38. Gerard Krupa
    Black Helicopters

There is a conspiracy...

...a deadly and insidious one concocted by crackpot theorists who work together behind the scenes to disseminate hearsay, specious logic and half-baked evidence they saw on TV and label it as fact. They will overthrow our rational thought with overwhelming evidence that they have never seen but they know exists because a Professor of Brainology from the (highly accredited) University of Some-very-small-town told them so on a documentary hosted by a highly credible actor who once played a superintelligent scientist on a sci-fi show in the 70s. I for one welcome our mighty new Irratonal and Extremely Suggestible Overlords.

39. A J Stiles
    Coat

@ Patrick O'Reilly

"Dustin the Turkey" ? Is that a euphemism?

40. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll bet a lot of Jews...

...had some pretty smart-arse comments to make about Adolph Hitlers intentions and those `Concentration Camps` that the `Tin-Foil Hat` donners had been burbling on about for months leading up to them being rounded up themselves and gassed. Everyone for themselves, just make up your mind which side you are on - feel free to make as many ignorant, naive, ad-hominem `tin hat` type comments as you like, you people clearly lack the intelligence, ability and inclination to ever consider `evidence` for yourselves in a rational way, or to go to more than ONE or two media outlets for your information. I bet you watch things like Star Trek and Lost too, you poor childlike creatures, suckling on your governments vaccuous words. No wonder 419 scams work so well on so many people, if most people are as gullible as the likes of you (Stuart Van Onselen, Richard, Alyn, et al) - Best of luck to you all. I'm sure you will be rewarded for your unquestioning loyalty to these zealots who care nothing for you or your family.

41. Stuart Van Onselen

Just can't shut 'em up, can you?

@Gerard Krupa: You missed "meaningless analogies", see AC@14:15

By the way, AC, I used my real name here. Where is yours, chickenshit? Oh yes, I am a shill for the American govt, so I can use my own name with impunity, whereas you, great knower of The Truth, are a Threat to the Powers That Be, and must hide lest they find you.

Just a pity I've never in my life even visited the US. And the cheques Uncle Sam sends me to shill for him are pure rubber...

You made a lot of utterly baseless assumptions about the actions and motivations of those who dare to use logic, physics, and common sense w.r.t. the 9/11 tragedy.

Our assumptions about your paranoia and credulity are based on the evidence of your own words.

You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Get over it.

42. alyn

Must be an American

You obviously don't understand irony, because I was ridiculing the conspiracy theorists too. Read the posts before you comment on them.

43. Luke Mahon
    Alien

If there was no conspiracy...

..why have we not had full disclosure from the US government?

Whilst there will always be plenty of ignorant "bury my head in the sand" types that will believe anything their government tell them, the more intellegent among us will always question the validity of government claims that are either ludicrus (finding Mohmmed Atta's passport at ground zero) or at best questionable (the amazing vanishing plane that hit the Pentagon completely out of sight of all the Media cameras that were trained on the building at the time).

If it all happened just like the goverment said it did, give us the evidence and put an end to all the endless conspiarcy theories.

I have to stop typing now, aliens are invading my bedroom.

44. Mark

Re: re:11/9 does have a lot of unneeded secrecy

"never ascribe to conspricy what can be explaned by incompance"

And this is good HOW?

Do we allow government to be incompetent and just let them continue to BE incompetent? As I said (maybe you weren't reading, just copy n paste) NEITHER a conspiracy nor incompetence (sic) are wanted or desired.

And we haven't heard the government SAY they were incompetent. So there's at least a conspiracy to cover up incompetence.

45. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

you heard it here first...

as the guy has a helicopter license, and flies himself around a lot... I wouldn't be surprised at all if his helicopter develops a mysterious failure in mid air...

46. Mark

Re: re:11/9 does have a lot of unneeded secrecy

PS

"yes but at burring jet fule temps steel loses 90% of it's strenght it dose not need ot melt just bend a lot"

the engineers designed the building to

a) withstand such melting

b) withstand bending elements

so the building failed its' design goals. Which begs the question: why aren't the original designers allowed to find out what went wrong before designing another resilient building based on faulty design knowledge? Even if it IS legitimate and not a conspiracy, this gives plenty of scope for making a conspiracy.

And how can you tell when there IS a conspiracy (or do you maintain there's NEVER a conspiracy [in which case you'd better talk to the AGW deniers]) if every time someone discovers it, it's pooh pooh'd?

And we all know what happens when you pooh pooh pooh pooh, don't we?

47. Mono Ape
    Thumb Up

The Jim Corr Show

I'm looking forward to a regular series of articles from Jim, including:

* Moon landings? All a hoax

* Elvis? Living on the moon

* Alien abductions and how to avoid them

* Dominate the stock market with astrology

* Evolution? Just a theory

* Goat sacrifice? It works, bitches

Jim Corr: pushing forward the boundaries of human knowledge.

48. Mark

Re: What do the Al-Q Chuckleheads have to do?

Nothing. Even the US Government who KNEW they did it left the job half (if that) done and decamped to a new target: Iraq. They got off damn near scott free AND the US took out an enemy of Allah: Saddam's secular government.

double win!

49. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@ richard

The MBE's are plastic ones, as they are not from round here...

from www.thecorrs.com

"The Corrs’ philanthropy did not go unnoticed by Queen Elizabeth II. Each member of the band was made an Honorary Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE), in recognition of their charity fundraising. It just goes to show that people really can make a difference."

Though I think the girls got them for being easy on the eye....

Paris, cos she is easy...

50. mahoney

2004 called

They want their conspiracy theory back

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.