back to article Iowa plans audacious Harry Potter butter sculpture

Iowa State Fair has jumped firmly on the JK Rowling bandwagon in the run-up to this week's release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by announcing an audacious butter sculpture of the boy wizard, the Des Moines Register reports. Sculptor Sarah Pratt, who apparently took the helm as the fair's lead butter sculptress last …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lloyd

Well

I'd be more impressed if they made it from man butter but I guess you can't have everything.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the boy wizard

I wonder if the fine buttery artist will be using the images that can be found of the boy wizard as, er, 'dressed' for his role in Equus..

would certainly be more interesting to carve - those delicate curves could, I suspect, be quite tricky to get just right.

3. CharleyBoy

The butter

I don't know about the butter but the thought of this is making my stomach churn

sorry.

4. Dillon Pyron

Butter? That's a lot of toast.

How much milk did it take to make that much butter? I'm sure all those milk maids, churning for hours on end, will be proud of the end result.

We get ours some time between 11 am and 2 pm, according to the USPS. Delivered to our doorstep. Which means Carol will be reading it some time between 11:01 am and 2:01 pm. The Houston dog show is this weekend. Second largest in the country, maybe even larger than Westminster this year (I haven't seen the final entry count for conformation, never mind the other exhibitions like agility and flyball). I'm handling a dog (Pembroke Welsh Corgi) on Saturday and Sunday, so I won't be missing her. Wish us well, I think there's 40 dogs showing on Saturday.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

With a curse in mind...

"For the record, we read an online spoiler yesterday which claims the book will see Hogwarts acquired by Microsoft and Potter chained to a desk tasked with debugging Vista. We shall see."

Harry whipped out his wand - shouted Avada Kedavra and Microsoft died, and so did Voldemort - as they were one and the same as Voldemort had commited most of his soul to the corporation. Partying started all over the world and the world was anew.

And so goes the dream.

6. Nexox Enigma

Re: With a curse in mind...

I can only assume that you meant to say "wang" instead of "wand," as clearly magic wands are nonsence (whereas magic wangs are all too real.)

http://bash.org/?111338

7. Steve Roper

I smell a copyright violation

Has the Iowa State Government got JKR's express written permission and paid the requisite $500,000,000,000.00 licence fee to be able to do this? Otherwise no doubt we'll see the copyright pigs' lawyers buttering sh*t sandwiches for all officials involved before it opens!

I believe my coat's in the hallway...

This topic is closed for new posts.