back to article Senior execs targeted in 'precision' malware attacks

Hackers are targeting senior managers of large firms - along with members of their families - in a new wave of highly-focused email attacks. On 26 June, net security services firm MessageLabs intercepted more than 500 individual email attacks targeted against individuals in senior management positions. The attack email often …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well done..

Ya, this time I am with the bad boyz.

..Given the outrageous compensation many top-execs are able to extort from their companies (at the expense of some thousands "redundancies"), I see no evil in that.

And if a CIO is not able to defend himself from those pesky attacks... Well it speaks for itself.

I would not be surprised if those leeches would invent an additional compensation to cover "hacking expenses"....

Me, no manager, just humble SysAdmin ;-)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sill People

Fancy targeting high level management. Surely they are the most tech savvy and least likely to fall for anything that is based on a persons greed...

Oh hold....

We're dooooommmmeeedd

3. Wyrmhole

Does this mean...

...that MessageLabs read their customers' emails? What if a false positive gets "intercepted"?

To: Husband <husband@work>

Subject: Re: $$$

You will increase my credit card limit or else no hawt s3cks tonite!!

MessageLabs reports that lately CIOs have been getting increasing amounts of wife spam...??

4. amanfromMars Silver badge

Heavy MetAI ...... Hard Core Code

"This evolving trend of increasingly highly personalised attacks emphasises the effort and research in which the bad guys are willing to engage to potentially obtain very lucrative information." And the flip side of the Coin is .... so are the Good GUIs

Let IT Be?

Do you want to talk TransSubStantiation..... NEUKlearer Energy .... http://cryptome.org/boomer/boomer-refit.htm

An Open Top Secret 42 View in SubStantive Peace Talks.

5. Dillon Pyron

Secretaries?

Ooops, I meant executive admins. I know of very few execs who actually read their email. Some do, but only after it's been parsed by their admin. So the affected computer isn't the exec.

This topic is closed for new posts.