back to article VCPoker.com busts on saucy ad campaign

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has ordered the firm behind VCPoker.com to stop advertising online gambling as likely to get you laid. A complaint was levied at betting house Victor Chandler, which ran a VCPoker.com campaign featuring a scantily clad young lady with the strapline: "You love sex. She loves sex. You …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shocking

I saw this poster in the pub on Saturday and was genuinely shocked, I was actually going to complain myself. Just what the hell did they think they were doing? I can't see how anyone could have possilby thought that this is an acceptable advert.

If they had an advertising agency, I presume they aren't using the same one any more, if it was internal - and this does suggest internal advertising - I hope someone has been sacked.

Also, when did advertising gambling at all become legal?

2. peter

The Truth

"and that the more money they had, the greater the likelihood of sexual success"

Maybe if they lose, but the advert states winning not losing, so they would get more sex i reckon.

3. Mike Knowles

Piccies?

Clearly, this report is useless without pictures ;-)

4. Ernest

Title

Well there's a gigantic potser or Ronny O'sullivan advertising a gambling website with a roulette wheel next to him saying ' i take red, black red black red black red black' etc.

so i guess it is legal and the fact that A LOT of football clubs are now sponsored by online gambling sites

5. Scott Fawcett

Hows this different from...

The Lynx deodorant series of adverts promising me hot women if i use it?

6. Field Marshall Watkins

No Biggie.

Don't see what the issue is, unless it's the PC brigade being upset with the line:

"You love sex. She loves sex. You love money. She loves money. You have money. She loves you."

Which is true anyway. Most guys know that a woman's love for men is directly proportionate (being exponential near the peak) to the man's net assets. :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.