back to article Give people back more time and they will buy your IPTV - Microsoft

Research conducted by Screen Digest for Microsoft suggests that there is a target audience of around 230 million people that might consider buying into IPTV or another pay TV service in seven top TV countries, and the software giant reckons that 75 million of them say they would switch TV suppliers if they have the right …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Webster Phreaky

Apple will COPY this too .. iNOvator Stevie Gods.

Apple TV is a Rip-Off of D-Link MediaLounge and all the others like Linksys, Belkin and Netgear .... soon Stevie Gods will announce another brilliant rip-off, er iNOvation "Apple iPTV"

Ps, Apple TV has been a flop.

2. Aubry Thonon

Here's a hint...

Here's a hint to all IPTV/PayTV content providers: SOME OF US DON'T GIVE A FLYING F*K ABOUT THE SPORTS CHANNEL! Every other channel I browse at least once a week to catch a specific show, but I ALWAYS skip the sports channel. As far as I'm concerned, this is money wasted. I have God knows-how-many sports channel that I never watch - I'd gladly trade them for something else!

So how about providing two "basic" packages? One for the sports-nut and one for those of us who can live without those channels.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There will be no IPTV until the available bandwidth...

...per consumer Internet connection will have reached a speed of 2Gbps or more, at least.

4. Jeff Stacey

Make IPTV like the TV of old

What I want is a box in the basement that takes the internet in and provides coax out to all my TVs. I don't want a separate box for each TV.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like