back to article US deploys cloaked airliner

Regular readers will recall our pride last year when we were able to reveal that the UK had developed a stealth Eurostar train, spotted on Google Earth decloaking as it pulled into London Waterloo station. Well, we didn't think the US would take this astounding technological advance lying down, and we've been proved right. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve VanSlyck

I don't see it.

What's the big deal? It's an airplane and it's shadow. Hardly a BEM chasing after a girl in one shoe.

2. mike

Surely its just changed altitude!!!

:-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wrong end of the stick entirely !

The airliner is in fact the "day" prototype using a graviton, photon moliflow field. It never had a shadow to begin with. They are way past that level of stealth in Area 51.

The "Shadow" is in fact a small chase plane "night" prototype using an ultra-dense graviton total absorbance field.

The boys at the skunk works are also working on remote guidance systems for ducks carrying pocket-nuke loaded eggs.

4. luke

Depth of focus?

Could the aircraft gone out of focus? Do satalite cameras have a depth of focus of a few thousand feet?

5. Stuart Rogers

Surely it's just changed course!!!

My guess is that the plane pulled to starboard, out of view of the camera, and towards its intended course.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. phil

Its not in the same shot you muppet!

As the plane increases in altitude the distance between the plane and shadow increases so the shadow of shot 3 or 4 is actually in the 2 or 3! get it?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't even see what the mystery is...

All I see are photos of an airplane, and of a shadow of an airplane. I don't see any photo where there is a shadow without a plane...

Seems much ado about nothing...

9. BossHog

Second page!

It took me a while to spot that there is second page to this article - suddenly it all makes sense! Good stuff.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not a cloaking device

Sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but this is definitely not cloaking technology. This is down to the timing of photography by the satellite which takes a picture of a squared area at one time.

In the first three pictures, both the plane and its shadow are in the viewing area of the satellite imaging camera. On the later viewpoints, only the shadow was in the camera's view. Note: the sun was setting, so the apparent distance between the shadow and the aircraft was getting larger over time and so the liklihood of both shadow and aircraft being in camera-shot were diminishing. When the satellite then panned to the adjacent squares to capture the next photograph, the plane had moved on. The effect is that the plane seems to disappear.

Or I could just be a black helicopter pilot, in which case, beware, I could be behind you like a ninja in a mystical cloaking device!

This topic is closed for new posts.