back to article What's the quickest route from California to Stockholm?

Google Maps seems to have got itself a sense of humour, if its recommended route from Stanford, California, to Stockholm is anything to go by. The entire journey is estimated at 7,826 miles (about 31 days 18 hours), but that calculation doesn't appear to take into account step 33: Google advises motorists to swim the Atlantic …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Danger for the Americans

Best keep this sort of thing away from the Yanks - some of them are quite possibly stupid enough to try this and then sue Google when it all ends in tears...

2. Louis Cowan

NY to London

WRT to that second route - says a lot about the british transport system when google recommends you swim past England and down to France before coming back to London!

3. Gabor Laszlo

Joke

"Mommy, I don't want to go to Stockholm!"

"Shut up, son."

"Mommy, I really don't want to go to Stockholm!"

"Shut up, son."

"Mommy, please, I don't want to go to Stockholm!"

"Shut up son, and swim faster."

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Be serious

>says a lot about the british transport system when google

>recommends you swim past England and down to France

>before coming back to London!

Not really. It's simply that trying to swim up the Channel would be foolish and dangerous.

5. Tom Watson

Atlantic route, no pacific route!

While it appears that Google can cross the Atlantic Ocean, it can't get across the Pacific Ocean. Attempts to go from the mainland to Hawaii are countered with a message: you can't get from here to there (or its equivalent). They should have a few more swimming portals around the world!

6. Dack Phillips

Looks like this only works for the Atlantic

I was curious to see if this might work for the Pacific Ocean, but no dice. It won't compute a route from San Francisco, CA to Tokyo, Japan.

This topic is closed for new posts.