back to article Satnav plunges £96k Merc into river

The driver of a £96k Mercedes SL500 had a lucky escape after her satnav directed her down a winding track and straight into the River Sence in Sheepy Magna, Leicestershire, the Leicester Mercury reports. The 28-year-old woman - apparently on her way to a Christening on 3 March - ignored signposts indicating the track was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How disappointing

Well there goes my faith in Darwinism.

Natural Selection is clearly untrue.

2. Paul Utting

Ha Ha Ha

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

What a lightweight!

Paul

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another failure for Darwinism

Todays society has clearly put Darwinism out of function. I mean, this person, who obviously has got more money than sense, should have, according to all natural laws, been extinct. But thanks to todays modern technology, these genes will still be populating the Earth.

Nothing personal "Hayley", but should you have crossed said river 5,000 years ago you wouldn't be alive now.

Can we please have a law that requires everybody to apply common sense, or they will be prosecuted..?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Inaccurate Headline

The headline should read:

"Idiot ignores evidence of eyes. Drives into River"

5. Andrew Moore

These people should be banned from ever owning SatNav again.

This is what happens when you use a secondary source of navigation as your primary source.

If I was a SatNav map designer I'd put so many routes through rivers just to see how many idiots actually ran their cars into the water. Or perhaps this has already happened...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surely...

...driving without due care and attention?

7. Mike Moyle

Am I the only one...

... who thought that referring to the Easy Walk's "test pilots" from the Italian Blind Union. as "Guinea pig(s)" was just a LEE-E-E-E-ETLE BIT tacky...?

8. Steven Walker

Typo???

When the article said that she was driving 'to' a christening did it mean 'from' and the liquid refreshment was more invigorating than a swim in the river?

9. SImon Hobson Bronze badge

Yawn

What a non-story !

Woman acts stupid and drives into river. End.

If she had been uses a road map that incorrectly showed the road as passable would you have written "map plubges Merc into river" ? No, you wouldn't.

SatNav is a tool, nothing more. If people are so f***ing stupid as to go places where it's obviously wrong then it's the user that needs an upgrade. Or is common sense considered "too 20th century" to be used these days.

This topic is closed for new posts.