back to article Baby Bong #businessmodel is my PRIDE and JOY

"In the Soviet suburbs of Hell and the blasted avenues of Mogadishu, I saw what our society could become" - Peter Hitchens, The Daily Mail The Bongster is summoned to a crisis meeting at No.10. Britain's skills shortage is top of the agenda. I enter the room, but I haven't even had time to place the large crate of one-litre …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ru
    Meh

Allow me to express my disappointment

That not only does "มาลัย" apparently translate as "garland", but a bit of unsafe image searching didn't turn up anything even remotely resembling an alarming thai idiom. Just picture of flowers.

2. Hieronymus Howerd

?

Del Amitri made a third album?

3. Aldous
    WTF?

Hammersley

Read the linked article, someone please tell me he is fictional too?

1. Havin_it
      Unhappy

Re: Hammersley

I'd hope the first comment on the WSJ article is an artful pisstake too, but I'm really not all that confident :(

4. Androgynous Cupboard Silver badge

It was funny

Until I read the WSJ piece on Ben Hammersley. Then, I wept.

5. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
    Facepalm

A Modest Proposal

And there was me expecting the punchline to be on the lines of Mr Swifts "A Modest Proposal"

But then Johnson & Johnson probably have the contract for the excess production and are squeezing them for oil resources.

6. VeganVegan
    Unhappy

My parents drove a Ford Anglia

I am forever damaged.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WanDisco founder David Richard's interview on BBC

I hope No. 10 listens to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9773000/9773968.stm

8. Lord Elpuss Silver badge
    Unhappy

Hammersley

I was reading the main article chuckling and snortling softly to myself, as you do. It's safe to laugh, because there's no way it could be mistaken for reality. I clicked the link to Ben Hammersley and the laughter continued; what a sense of humour! The man has a talent for encapsulating in parody everything that ¡Bong! symbolises! The pair of them could be brothers!!

Then as I read further into the Hammersley Chronicles, I started to feel a slight feeling of unease. Creeping, intangible, and yet in some way very very real. Then it dawned. For Hammersley, this isn't parody. It's real. The WSJ article was written in deadly earnest.

Slowly but surely, the laughter died.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

Whoa! Nice commas!

Ampersand...

Would that be George Ampersand?

This topic is closed for new posts.