back to article Up the ZIL LANE to the Beach Volleyball changing rooms with BONG!

"Young workers, peasants and soldiers learn while they work, and so adequate attention should also be paid to their work and study as well as to their recreation, rest and sleep" - Mao Tse Tung: 'The Youth League In Its Work Must Take The Characteristics of Youth Into Consideration'; a talk on receiving the Presidium of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Just a geek
    Alert

This article -> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176371/London-2012-Olympics-Ministers-ordered-use-public-transport-chauffeured-cars.html?ito=feeds-newsxml <- Says that MPs have been told to use public transport - if so, just what are the Zil lanes for?

The DM article adds 'But furious MPs have said they would rather watch the Games on TV than cram onto the underground or buses, which would leave them too grumpy to schmooze their guests.'

Now, who can say 'Out of touch fat cats'?

1. John G Imrie

The Zill lanes are for...

those that own the country.

MP's and other plebs need not apply.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Olympic Brands

Being in receipt of some inside info from one of the Olympic sites I was pretty much astounded to learn that McDonalds are the only people allowed to produce chips at the venues. This also includes the workers canteens.

This ban applies even after HMG have called up 1/2 the British Army, it may have been Napoleon that said 'An army marches on it's stomach', but the British Army marches on the 'fried potato'. At least it does according to my sources anyway.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge
      Alert

Re: Olympic Brands

I thought MacDont produced Fries, not chips? Sounds like a great opportunity for the lawyers to get involved: "but, M'lud, exhibit (a) is clearly not a 'chip', per-se, as clearly defined in 'Ramsden'"

1. LinkOfHyrule

Re: Olympic Brands

It's in East London but yet McD's can't even be arsed to invent a "Jellied Eel Quarter Pounder With Mash" yet have the cheek to demand only they make chips, which they do not even make anyway. The bloody cheek of it!

These games should have been run by traditional oldschool East-End gangsters. You infringe the five rings trademark - you get five fingers broken! Security is provided by proper east end thugs - they love their mums but will chuck you off the top of a council tower block as soon as looking at you if you take liberties or don't cough up for protection!

I can't Adam and Eve it sometimes!

2. mhenriday
        Boffin

But you see,

the Olympics are run along the same lines as the court of Ms Koh, who seems unable to recognise the difference between an Apple iPad and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. So can it go....

Henri

PS : When - if ever - Mr Bong (Baung ?), you get around to removing the mouthpiece, you might want to note that 毛泽东's name is now generally transliterated as «Mao Zedong». Welcome to the modern world !...

3. IHateWearingATie
    Go

Bongster...

..I salute your far-sighted imagineering, no doubt conceptised during one of your regular viral concept strategy pod sessions.

Can you send some of the Mobile Brand Protectors to Watford? There's no Olympic brand infractions I can see, but it's full of badly dressed Web 1.0 peasants with narily an iPad between them. Being inside the M25, their mere presence is leeching the electrons out of the social brand media powered Jubilympic celebrations this summer.

Bring on the 1000lbs of soot!

/nontrepreneur / logoff / null

4. Roger Kynaston
    Happy

Now that

There is wifi on the tube. Can we deploy the Trademarkr app to any idiot who feels the need to clutter up the underground by insisting on using a non e-enabled iwork web 1024 way of working and actually try and commute to a stone age office thus taking up valuable seating capacity for those wishing to watch the beach volleyball.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

Sorry, but this article...

...appeared to me to have been written by all the inmates of a lunatic asylum, armed with a huge Scrabble set....

1. Alan Firminger

So ?

The post is required, and must contain letters.

This topic is closed for new posts.