back to article Google quizzed AGAIN by French data watchdog

French data regulator Commission Nationale de l'Informatique (CNIL) has demanded more answers from Google over its handling of the data of its users. The watchdog said it was unhappy with Google's initial response to a 69 questions it submitted to Mountain View earlier this year, following the companies decision to cut and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adam payne
    Joke

Google being vague about their privacy policy, really?

2. Jeebus

Illegally vague and monotonous deflections from the best company on the planet for it. Come on Google, we all want to know what you really do with the data, given how openly you violate your own terms and steal data.

Still, we can all blame a rogue engineer again can't we?

3. John Lilburne

AT this point ...

... they should show them the rack and the instruments ...

4. bpfh
    Headmaster

Small correction

CNIL - "Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés" (National commission on IT and freedom)

5. ukgnome
    Trollface

Pah

I see the french don't like it when you are asked a question and your reply is a shrug of your shoulders followed by a meh!

<-----trollface because I'm treading on french stereotypes

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Pah

Meh? Pah! Bof, if you have proper l33t Fr3nch skillz.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the CNIL

Currently working in France and just having been audited by the CNIL, this action you can attribute to nothing more than people justifying their job.

1) The CNIL is tiny, they have a handful of auditors...

2) During the audit, the two people they sent didn't know any SQL, anything about networks and weren't very technical at all

3) they seemed to make their own scenarios... the guy clicked on a link on the website, said "can you register that i just clicked on that link"... since it's data we don't keep as standard, it took one of our DBA's half an hour to extract the info from the logs in raw format... then the guy from the CNIL's eyes lit up and he said "AHA! you are tracking everything I do"...

4) Most of the time their decisions have been challenged in court, they have lost, mainly because part of the law they rely on is contradictory to France's huge unwieldy employment law...

We are still awaiting for our audit report, months and months down the line.... so it's nothing more than a showboat...

7. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Paris Hilton

The watchdog said it was unhappy with Google's initial response to a 69 questions

did you mean:-

The watchdog said it was unhappy with Google's initial response to 69 questions

OR

The watchdog said it was unhappy with Google's initial response to a 69 question

Paris, see previous comment line, Fnaar, Fnaar.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like