back to article China's Internet Society backs online censorship

Non-governmental organisation the Internet Society has decided to wade into the murky waters of Chinese online censorship by calling on firms to increase scrutiny of the content on their sites, as the fall out from recent coup rumours continues. In a fairly transparent piece of government propaganda, state-run news agency …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ilsa Loving
    Facepalm

Self Censorship

While I doubt that XXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX XXX XXXXXXX, I think that XXXX XXXXXX XX XXXXXXXXX XXXXX.

Don't you agree?

1. Soruk
      FAIL

Re: Self Censorship

I agree, however XXXXX XX XXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

:/

In a fairly transparent piece of government propaganda, state-run news agency BBC, ITV and Murdoch Outlets all reported that the UK government has called on web companies to self-censor more rigorously in a bid to prevent the spread of harmful rumours, protect against terrorism and child pronography.

C'mon guys every government does it, it's not even news worthy.

Attack them when it matters else it's just crying wolf.

1. frank ly

Re: :/

If you read the article properly, your analogy is not correct. It's like the BBC (etc) reporting that Nominet (or whoever is more appropriate) has called for web companies in the UK to self-censor.

"...every government does it, it's not even news worthy."

So, government decisions and 'guidlines' that affect many companies and lots of people should not be reported?

3. Someone Else Silver badge
    Holmes

In other news...

...Sun rumored to rise in East tomorrow morning....

4. Steven Roper
    Big Brother

All this reminds me of something...

Bo Xilai now unperson all refs doubleplusungood correct immediately upsub antefiling.

5. wwwhatsup
    FAIL

Internet Society Of China

Can I just emphasize that Internet Society of China (ISC) is not affiliated with the global Internet Society (ISOC).

The article is misleading in this respect.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Pigs might fly...

... and China might have 'non-governmental organisations'.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like